Friday, August 5, 2011

Those Crazy People who Love You Anyways.....

It was said once that.....

"You don't choose your family.  
They are God's gift to you, as you are to them."

No truer words could be said...no matter what a family looks like, mine is an awesome blend of color, culture, and love...family is the greatest gift given to anyone and yet the first thing many take for granted...Making the decision to go and teach was difficult for me because I have been soo blessed by my crazy wonderful family.  As I was trying to discern God's will for my life and coming to grips with the realization that God will take care of everyone with or without my help...made me realize how special my family is to me...and will always be.



Sometimes we laugh and sometimes we cry but we love to talk, eat, laugh
play games, sing, Joke around,
try and out smart each other,
shop together, travel, and be with eachother.

We are all travelers on this road called life and God placed us all together from 1 to 13 (plus the in-laws, nieces, and nephews)....we share the same living space, eat with one another, borrowing clothing, sneaking candy, and hiding special presents not to be seen till Christmas. We talk things out loooooooooooong into the late hours of the night, we help each other chase dreams and are the tap on the shoulder when we need redirection. We were all taught by the same school teacher, argued about the best Christmas tree that should be cut down, and discussed the best way to make chocolate chip cookies. We come from different places but we all have a common name. We give each other a hard time but in the end there are hugs all around.

Love you all and will miss you guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment